Comic Life is a paid ($4.99) Photo Comic Creation App. As much great as it can be for students to create photo comic and use it for story-telling, it is also great for teachers to create workflows and classroom instruction guides. Below is a sample workflow we created and used for the theme ‘ best friends’. You can see the detailed lesson plan here. The visuals, embedded speech bubbles and step by step instructions help teachers to plan their lessons and create step by step guides and instructions for students. The finished product can be saved to camera roll as jpeg, e-mailed directly from within the App as a Pdf, copied on WebDav or opened in a different App, such as Edmodo or eBackpack. We would highly recommend the Comic Life App.
Workflow on ComicLife
Here is an integrated skills, step by step lesson plan/workflow created using Comic Life about ‘my best friend’:
1. Practice vocabulary on describing people (appearance and personality adjectives) on Spelling City
2. Read about my friend Antonia (Headway Beginner, Unit 4) and answer the questions on Edmodo (teacher created quiz on Edmodo)
3. Follow the link on Edmodo and listen to the teacher-created podcast on ‘my good friend Claire’ on Audioboo.
4. Log on to Socrative teacher App and answer the questions about podcast on ‘my good friend Claire’.
5. Plan to write about your best friend. Brainstorm on Popplet.
6. Embed your Popplet mindmap in Pages and write about your best friend. Save your paragraph in eBackpack.
7. Read your paragraph out loud and record your voice in iFiles. Copy the recording to eBackpack for your teacher and classmates to listen.